Can You Put Contacts in Water Overnight?
Let us assume that for some reason you cannot obtain the contact lens solution. Let’s assume that you’re snowed in your house and you ran out of contact solution!
Which is the best option?
1. Soak your lenses in the leftover, dirty solution that you cleaned them with last night: you look in your lens case and see that there is still some solution remaining from last night.
2. Sleep with your contact lenses in. Buy contact solution the first thing in the morning, and soak them at that time.
3. Soak your lenses in water overnight. Buy contact solution the first thing in the morning, and soak them at that time
*I have heard that it’s bad to sleep with your contacts in, then I heard it’s bad to soak them in water, but I’m not sure which is worse.
Can i put my contacts in water?
CLC Answer: Always use fresh contact lens solution. Tap water isn’t just water. It has other things in it including chlorine and fluoride (which, by the way is toxic and not good for you – that’s why it cleans teeth so well). Stick to good, new contact lens cleaning solution in a clean contact lens case. This is your eyes we’re talking about – you only have one set and they’re important… you use them every day.
Along with fresh solution, it is a good idea to rub your contact lenses (with clean hands, of course) even if the solution is labeled “no-rub.” The rubbing gets even more bacteria off of your lenses, helps them last longer and makes your eyes feel better. Lens solution comes in a bottle with a small nozzle for a reason – you can use that pressure on the lenses to help clean them, which is another way to help clean them if you don’t rub them.
More Contact Lens Websites:
- What is the best contact lens solution to use for sensitive eyes? | coercs
- How To Clean Hard contact lens | Christian Little
- Laser Surgery » Use Contact Lens Solutions For Cleaning
- ran out of contact solution
- what to do if you run out of contact solution
- what to use if out of contact solution
- can i put contacts in water
- what to put your contacts in when you have no solution
- what go do when out of contact solutiok
- is it safe to soak contacts in water
- if you don\t have contact solution
- if you dont have contact lense ran out of contact solution what can i use
- i ran out of saline solution
- i forgot my contact solution can I sleep with them in
- can i put my can you put contacts in bottled water
- where can i put my contacts if i don\t have solution