Can You Put Contacts in Water Overnight?
Let us assume that for some reason you cannot obtain the contact lens solution. Let’s assume that you’re snowed in your house and you ran out of contact solution!
Which is the best option?
1. Soak your lenses in the leftover, dirty solution that you cleaned them with last night: you look in your lens case and see that there is still some solution remaining from last night.
2. Sleep with your contact lenses in. Buy contact solution the first thing in the morning, and soak them at that time.
3. Soak your lenses in water overnight. Buy contact solution the first thing in the morning, and soak them at that time
*I have heard that it’s bad to sleep with your contacts in, then I heard it’s bad to soak them in water, but I’m not sure which is worse.
Can i put my contacts in water?
CLC Answer: Always use fresh contact lens solution. Tap water isn’t just water. It has other things in it including chlorine and fluoride (which, by the way is toxic and not good for you – that’s why it cleans teeth so well). Stick to good, new contact lens cleaning solution in a clean contact lens case. This is your eyes we’re talking about – you only have one set and they’re important… you use them every day.
Along with fresh solution, it is a good idea to rub your contact lenses (with clean hands, of course) even if the solution is labeled “no-rub.” The rubbing gets even more bacteria off of your lenses, helps them last longer and makes your eyes feel better. Lens solution comes in a bottle with a small nozzle for a reason – you can use that pressure on the lenses to help clean them, which is another way to help clean them if you don’t rub them.
More Contact Lens Websites:
- What is the best contact lens solution to use for sensitive eyes? | coercs
- How To Clean Hard contact lens | Christian Little
- Laser Surgery » Use Contact Lens Solutions For Cleaning
- ran out of contact solution
- what to do if you run out of contact solution
- what to use if out of contact solution
- can you put contacts in water overnight
- what to do when contacts dryout and you dont have solution
- what to do my contact lens solution is over
- what to do if you are out of contact solution
- what to do if i dont have contact solution
- what happens if you dont have contact solution
- what can you use if you have no contact solution
- what can you use for contact solution
- storing contacts in 0 9% normal saline
- ran out of solution for contacts
- ran out of contact lens solution
- Putting Contacts in Water Overnight
- if i don\t have contact solution what to do
- can you store contacts in water
- what to use if you have no contact solution